Tuesday, April 7, 2015

University of Maryland, College Park will close at 2 p.m. today, Tuesday 7 April, because of a regional power outage

===



APRIL 7
The University of Maryland, College Park will close at 2 p.m. today because of a regional power outage.
http://www.umdrightnow.umd.edu

===
Hi Folks! Just got the message:

"University of Maryland, College Park will close at 2 p.m. today because of a regional power outage."

I hope you are in a safe space wherever you are in the region. And that you will get this somehow soon: maybe on your phone.

Class is cancelled for today, but we will still have Workshop 2 next week, so please use whatever time this might free up, to continue your preparation for the Workshop on Queer Kinship.

I copied the post I have put up for today's class into an email message to you on coursemail, so to the extent you can go ahead and do this yourself, possibly with class buddies or even other buddies, please do! It may open up the Workshop in ways you might not otherwise experience!

I send you many good wishes! I plan to be around campus tomorrow, Wednesday 8 April, although I have appointments from 2pm on. But might be able to meet up around noon, if you email me for an appointment today.

See you next week for sure! Katie

PS I am just now listening to Masha Gessen on WAMU radio at 2 pm, in case you want to tune in!

===

No comments:

Post a Comment